Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
Closed for the Season - Check back in April 2021!
Come on down to the Shilshole Bay Marina next to the Corinthian Yacht Club to rent a single kayak, double kayak or stand-up paddleboard (SUP). New this year - you can now reserve a kayak or paddleboard rental online!
Walk-up rentals are temporarily not available. Please bring adequate face coverings while interacting with our staff on land!
Single kayak rental
Super stable sit-on-top kayaks for any experience level. First come, first serve.
Double kayak rental
Our double sit-on-top kayaks are wide and stable, great for beginner and expert renters alike. First come, first serve.
Stand up paddleboard rental
No better way to see Seattle and get a workout at the same time. First come, first serve.
Paddle Pass - become a member!
Our Paddle Pass members have priority access to the rental fleet. No waiting, no paperwork, no hassle. Each punch good for 1 paddleboard or kayak (single or double - bring a friend!) rental.
Max. 2 hours per punch, 1 punch per day
Max. 3 hours per punch, 1 punch per day
PLUS 10% off all Guided Tours!
*During regular rentals hours. Availability not guaranteed, but you will have priority over non-Paddle Pass holders
Located just 15 minutes from downtown and within walking distance of the Ballard Locks, we offer Seattle kayak rentals and paddleboard (SUP) rentals by the hour. Whether you are just visiting Seattle, off of a cruise ship and looking for an adventure, or have lived in the Pacific Northwest your whole life, Ballard Kayak is the kayaking and padleboarding tour company you’ve been looking for!
Included in each kayak rental and paddle board rental are paddles and fitted PFDs for each participant, a safety demonstration and basic paddling instruction. We use sit-on-top kayaks for our rentals for safety reasons. If you would like to experience sit-in kayaks, please join us on a tour.
Rentals Tips and Tricks
- Your time on the water begins at the time selected for your reservation. Please allow extra time to find parking and arrive at least 20 minutes early at the kiosk to ensure you get the most from your rental. Due to Golden Gardens Beach parking lot closures please plan even more time to find parking. We recommend using a ride share service or biking. We do not have dedicated parking.
- For your safety we ask that only 1 person per paddleboard, 1 person per single kayak and 2 people for each double kayak.
- AGE REQUIREMENTS: 4 years of age or older for any rental experience, 12 for their own craft and all rentals must be accompanied by an adult. Subject to change due to weather.
- If wind patterns pick up we will contact you via phone and e-mail to cancel your reservation for safety reasons with as much notice as possible.
- We highly recommend paddling early in the day to avoid higher afternoon wind patterns.
Questions? Visit our FAQs page
Or Contact Us anytime.